To meet the needs of a rapidly growing community, the Parks & Recreation and Library components are strategically co-located. The joining of these two components creates synergies by sharing space and other assets.
The core Library functions will expand and enhance the services currently offered. Planned library areas include:
- A Learning Center with spaces specifically developed to create intimate areas for quiet study, as well as one-on-one tutoring to impact the lives of our youngest citizens.
- Larger spaces to foster artistic creativity in a group setting for children, encouraging their imaginations to expand limitlessly.
- Teen zones that will foster group learning and collaboration.
- Technology laboratories in appropriate locations throughout the building to foster connections with information, data, news, and art.
- Reservable rooms for those in our community with special needs.
- Spaces for residents who are a bit older that include heightened design solutions not just through accessibility, but also ergonomics, technology, safety, and comfort.
- A Library Discovery Center.
The Library will be significantly larger than the current space at 840 West Orange Avenue.
This building will highlight innovation in design of multi-functional, multi-user, interactive facilities.